(This is the final installment of a three part series. Make sure and read the previous two posts to better understand this one, starting here!)
2. He loves sharing Himself with us!“Yea, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight” (v. 26, bold emphasis mine). It pleases Daddy greatly to give us revelation. When we come to Him as His little ones, His heart overflows. He exults in the opportunity to take us deeper into the knowledge of His heart. Eyes twinkling, He whispers to us: “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32, ESV). Nothing could bring Him more pleasure than to impart to us deeper heart knowledge of who He is.
3. He is delighted to bring His humble, trusting, dependent ones into His Daddy-Son intimacy circle.“All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son, save the Father, nor does anyone know the Father, save the Son, and he to whomever the Son wills to reveal him” (v. 27, bold emphasis mine). Jesus wills to reveal to Father to you. He yearns for you to know, like He does, how beautiful Daddy is. He is eternally in His bosom, where Abba’s tenderness flows freely. Daddy and Son exult ceaselessly in closeness and the blissful sharing of Their love. Knowing each other fully, profoundly, and exquisitely is the result of dwelling together, permanently entwined in love.
How Jesus loves to bring us into Their intimacy! When we climb up to nestle into His bosom, He eagerly pulls us into Their unending circle of mutual delight. Daddy expresses to our deepest hearts that He loves us just as much as He loves Jesus. Jesus chimes in warmly and tells us that He loves us just as much as Daddy loves Him (John 1:18; 15:9; 17:23).
4. He extends to each one of us His invitation to receive this deeper revelation of Him.“Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (v. 28, bold emphasis mine). Do you hear Him calling to you? Do you feel His summons pulling gently on your heart? No one, absolutely no one, is excluded. He beckons to every single human soul needing a haven… “Come.” To each of us needing our blind spots removed, He gently urges, “Come to Me…
5. Revelation of Himself is how Jesus reveals Daddy to us.“Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart…” (v. 29a, bold emphasis mine). In verse 27, Jesus speaks about revealing His Abba to us. This is how He does it. Showing us His own heart.
He invites us, “Learn of Me. Receive Me. Taste of My goodness, My nearness, My gentleness, My humility. Experience for yourself how approachable I am, how inviting, how accessible, how welcoming. Look into My eyes. See that I am brimming over with kindness, and that I am exceedingly eager to have you close. Receive revelation of My exquisite love for you. As I deposit this knowledge Spirit to spirit into the depths of you, the impartation of My devotion to you will transcend words. As you breathe Me in, you breathe in Daddy too. He and I are one. Together, we draw you into Our oneness, into Our union, into Our mutual delight.”
6. Revelation of Him is rest.“…and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (v. 29b, 30, bold emphasis mine). As we allow ourselves to be the cherished little ones in His arms, the spirit of revelation pours from His heart into ours. Wrapped up in the Godhead’s eternal intimacy circle, rest begins to flow to the deepest places of our being.
Our tensed up shoulders relax. We let go of everything we have had tightly clenched in our hands, releasing all of it, absolutely all of it, to Him. All stress drains from our body, soul, and spirit. We sink deeply into His strong, tender embrace. Real, heavenly rest penetrates every pore, sinks into every crevice, and permeates to the very fiber of our being. In coming to experientially know who He is, we come to intimately know what it really means to rest.
This is the balm of Gilead. This is the salve that He applies to our eyes, that we might see Him. The beauty of His grace gently removes everything that has been hindering our eyes from gazing on Him. All impediments fall away instantly and painlessly. We blink in astonishment, overcome by the beauty of the Lovely One. All that remains is to give voice to the spontaneous overflow of thanksgiving that bubbles up to Him out of our hearts, overwhelmed by all that He is and all that He has done…
Do you believe, at a heart level, that this invitation into Their intimacy circle is for you personally?
2 thoughts on “Revelation Is Rest, Part 3”
Even after 21 years of marriage to a man who says he loves me every day, this way of feeling God is hard to grasp. I didn’t have anything like it until I married him at 32. Recently he disappointed he horribly, and I’ve been anxious about my family’s future since. I would love to feel this comfort, but I just can’t geasp it. I’ve felt so alone for the past week. It’s good to be reminded that it’s possible. Thanks!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good morning Laronda. I’m so glad you took the time to share this. I’m praying for you right now, that God meets you right where you are with His mighty strength and comfort. When we are not able to experience God’s love, generally it’s because we have a block stemming from difficult childhood experiences. There are some wonderful books on healing of the heart through the Holy Spirit available that would be very helpful to you in helping you on your journey to experience God’s love tangibly. Please inbox me if you would like more information! Sending you a big hug in spirit ❤️