Old Treasures on Tuesdays 👑
“The Lord says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you’” (Ps. 32:8, NLT).
Do you need guidance today? Jesus lovingly reassured us that the Father is intimately aware of our needs before we even present them to Him. Direction for our daily decision making is actually one of our most vital spiritual needs. Given that our life’s journey as a whole is the sum total of every huge and tiny choice made along the way, knowing how to make the right ones is crucial. If anyone knows this, it’s our Daddy God.
Long, long before you ever share your quandary with Him about whether to “turn to the right or the left,” He has foreseen your need. He has already made provision for it. Even now, He is poised with your answer (Is. 30:21).
When it comes to revealing to you the best pathway for your life, He will never let you down. Here are three important truths to receive deep in your spirit about His predisposition to counsel you and watch over you:
- He will always, always guide you with His peace and with His kindness. Even a “no” answer will be accompanied with security and peace. Wherever there is confusion or fear, He is not speaking. When seeking Him for wisdom, first press through any enemy resistance coming against you, into a place of peace in Jesus’ presence. Often, the best way to break through spiritual static is to focus on Him in exuberant praise and worship. The devil can’t stand this and will have to finally flee from you. Then, once you have become completely immersed in Daddy’s peace, your heart will connect naturally with His clarity and action plan. “For God is not a God of confusion but of peace” (1 Cor. 14:33, ESV).
- If you heart is after Him, He will make sure that you get to where you need to go. Rest in this. “Who is the man who fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way he should choose” (Ps. 25:12, NASB).
- He takes full responsibility for leading you. He considers that the imperative of leading you in paths of righteousness is on Him as your Good Shepherd. It’s His job to tenderly care for His sheep; the pressure is not on us to be smart enough to figure out where the path is. (Sheep are not overly intelligent as animals – He picked this metaphor on purpose to show where the weight of responsibility lies: on Him!) “He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake” (Ps. 23:3, NKJV).
Trust His beautiful heart. He is far more passionate about getting you to your destiny than even you are!
Can you remember a time when the Lord’s guidance was exceedingly clear? What sticks out to you about the way He led you in your decision making? What have you come to know about His heart as a result of that experience?
This truck will:
1) Transport our missions speedboat between the river and its storage spot, and
2) Enable us to get to and from Nauta with supplies. Nauta is the only town connected to our city of Iquitos by road. We have begun the prep work for a church plant there. As a port, Nauta is a hub for the region and enormously valuable strategically for the growth of God’s kingdom.
Our new truck will cost $45,000. So far, $14,000 has come in. We need $31,000 more. Will you team with us to get this essential evangelistic tool into our hands today?