‘Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen” (1 Tim. 1:17, NIV).
“There’s more where that came from.” That’s what Holy Spirit expressed to my heart the other day. He was highlighting for me the truth of Daddy God’s limitless resources. Whatever God has provided for you and me up until now, is not even a drop in the ocean of His riches in glory. There’s waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more where that came from.
- Did you get an unexpected check in the mail right when you were on the verge of financial collapse? There’s more where that came from.
- Did He give you a brilliant idea whose implementation in your workplace made all the difference for the company? There’s more where that came from.
- Did He soften someone’s heart towards you that was in a position of authority, opening doors that seemed sealed shut forever? There’s more where that came from.
- Did He heal someone that you love very deeply? There’s more where that came from.
- Did He provide for a longing of your soul whose realization you had never imagined would be possible? There’s more where that came from!
Sadly, we often don’t comprehend this. Like the Israelites, when we see manna (God’s provision) presented to us, we want to scoop up as much of it as possible and hoard it. We are afraid that there won’t be any more tomorrow.
“What will I do when my kids grow up and move out? I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle that!”
He is providing joy for you through their presence. He will provide joy for you by alternate means when they go on to the next season of their lives. But there will always be joy. There’s more where that came from.
“Whew! What a relief! I managed to pay this bill by the skin of my teeth! But how will I pay it next month??”
He provided today. He will provide tomorrow. And every day for the rest of your life. There’s more where that came from.
“Wow. My performance on this assignment surpassed what I even knew I was capable of. Uh oh! How will I ever come up with something so superbly crafted in the future? What I do next time is sure to disappoint!”
He provided you with the favor and creativity for this one. Will you trust His beautiful heart to continue to bless you as you continue down the path of life under His care? There’s more where that came from, precious child!
The thing about belonging to the eternal King is that His infinite resources are at our disposal! In the famous parable portraying Daddy’s heart, the father tells his son, “All that I have is yours” (Luke 15:31). God means that. All that He has, He has given to us. He is our Good Shepherd. We will lack nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Even if He were to give you a billion dollars, infinity minus a billion is still infinity! In Him, there is always infinitely more. And He will always pour it out lavishly on you.
Rest into that, dear one. Let go of the feeling that you need to hoard your manna. Has He taken perfect care of you up until now? There’s more where that came from!
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things” (Matt. 6:31, 32b, NKJV).